On Friday, August 8, 2003, at 09:57 pm, Rich West wrote:

<snip>

Yes.  I first added the following to my mm_cfg.py:
USE_HTDIG = 0    # 0 - don't use integrated htdig, 1 - use it
HTDIG_FILES_URL = '/htdig/'
HTDIG_CONF_LINK_DIR = os.path.join(VAR_PREFIX, 'archives', 'htdig')
HTDIG_HTSEARCH_PATH = '/usr/bin/htsearch'
HTDIG_RUNDIG_PATH = '/usr/bin/rundig'

Then I changed "USE_HTDIG" to 1 and restarted the qrunner (just for the sake of sanity. :). I then sent a message to the test list. At once I got the message that was sent to the test list, I checked out the archives/private/test directory and saw that the timestamp on index.html was updated, that a directory called htdig was created, and there were a bunch of files (db.*, rundig_last_run, and test.conf) in that htdig directory.

Does line 757 (or thereabouts) of $prefix/Mailman/Archiver/HyperArch.py contain the following text:

d["htsearch"] = quick_maketext('TOC_htsearch.html', dict=h,

This is the code that generates the form that is added to the html of the list's TOC page a few lines further on. If this line is missing then the patching has failed somehow.

I just checked, and it is there. Is the TOC_htsearch.html file supposed to be in a particular location? It is in templates/en/ right now...

Assuming you are using en as the list language and standard templates, can you take a look at the file

$prefix/templates/en/archtoc.html

line 16 should read:

%(htsearch)s

This is where the results of the quick_maketext() on TOC_htsearch.html, that is the search form, get inserted into the list TOC page.

This line should have been inserted into archtoc.html by the htdig-2.1.2-0.4.patch

One possibility is that you may be using site, host or list specific templates and you generated these from the standard installed templates before applying the mailman-htdig and kindred patches. If so then these will not have been/could not be patched by the htdig-2.1.2-0.4.patch. In this case you will have to take a look at the htdig-2.1.2-0.4.patch file for the template changes made by the patch and apply these by hand to your local variants of the templates. The patch file is a unified diff format and quite human legible.

Let me know what you find out/conclude.

I *believe* I followed the htdig docs to the letter,

Do you mean the INSTALL.htdig-mm document in the Mailman build directory?

Yup.. that, and the docs on the website.

I swear it seems like I missed something simple (and stupid) here.. I even confirmed that the permissions on the directory and all files were set correctly (owner & group, too!).

Thanks!
-Rich