I am currently installing Mailman as a replacement for majordomo.  Mostly
everything is going smoothly.

I have a question regarding umbrella lists.  I have 4 "real" mailing lists
and 5 aliases that redirect to some or all of these lists.

For the sake of explanation let's call the "real" lists :
    A-staff
    A-vis
    B-staff
    B-vis

The 5 aliases are (and send to -> )
    all       -> A-staff, B-staff, A-vis, B-vis
    all-staff -> A-staff, B-staff
    all-vis   -> A-vis, B-vis
    A-all     -> A-staff, A-vis
    B-all     -> B-staff, B-vis

The 4 "real" lists are all moderated due to increasing spam and forged
addresses.

The problem: If a message goes to one of the aliases then the message must
be moderated at-least twice or at worst four times.  I would like to
moderate a message once.

What solutions are available?  Are there solutions entirely within the
scope of Mailman?

I have instrumented a solution using umbrella lists (for the aliases) and
some clever procmail rules, but would like to know what others have done
in similar situations.

Thanks,

Michael Hogsett