Prodos wrote:
I'm writing to ask about comparing Mailman with YahooGroups.

Would anyone on this list care to offer a comparison?

Mailman does not allow posting from the archives. There is a program know as M2F that will tie Mailman and phpbb together - see <http://m2f.sourceforge.net>http://m2f.sourceforge.net (public beta). I've not yet tried that integration, but it looks promising. Mailman does not have a files section, or calender. It does not have a built in archive search, but one that far exceeds Yahoo's can be easily added. HTML is not well supported.

Or, if you are an ex-YahooGroups user, say why you changed
to Mailman?

Yahoo has been increasingly unreliable, and the ads are worse and worse. Some of the list moved from Yahoo to Mailman are now boards run on phpbb - look at both and see what best fits your needs, or look at the M2F method of combining the two

<>< Paul