At 9:12 AM -0700 2004-06-18, Poythress, Lynn wrote:

 When I'm on my web browser (IE) and I type http://my.host.name.edu:5556
 - it brings up the generic Apache web page (5556 is our Apache port).
 Now, what do I type to bring up the Mailman page?  If I type
 http://my.host.name.edu/mailman - I get 'Cannot display page' and at the
 bottom it says 'Cannot find server or DNS error'.

It sounds like you haven't finished the web server configuration to specify where the mailman stuff is stored.

Go back to step 4 of the INSTALL document. If you didn't get an install document with your copy of Mailman, see <http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/mailman/mailman/INSTALL?view=markup>.

--
Brad Knowles, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>