At 9:39 AM -0700 2004-06-25, Poythress, Lynn wrote:

 o My apached (apache daemon) id is NOT in the same group as my mailman
 id.

I think that this is likely to be your problem.

o How do I subscribe myself to the site list? I assume that means root?

See <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.025.htp>.

 Please tell me what I've left out - I can't figure it out!  I'm pretty
 sure it's something simple and I'm just can't see the forest for the
 trees.

My guess is that the problem lies in the group id mismatch.

--
Brad Knowles, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>