Aaron The Young wrote:

Solaris 8 has no msgmerge. You have to install GNU gettext.
Or, you can download latest messages/Makefile.in from CVS
(Release_2_1-maint branch) and restart installation from
'configure'.

Sorry my comment was inaccurate. Actually, you can safely skip the msgerge step when installing. msgmerge is needed for the translaters but not for the site managers. New Makefile.in in CVS skips this step if msgmerge is not available or get some error. You have to install GNU gettext only if you want to translate and use msgmerge which is included in the GNU distro. Python gettext.py is included in the mailman distribution.

You can get the latest CVS for the Release_2_1-maint by $ cvs -z3 -d:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvsroot/mailman \ co -r Release_2_1-maint mailman

Well, by deduction and some searching I was able to figure out I needed
gettext.  Thanks.

However, it appears gettext needs automake 1.8 and all I can get my hands
on is 1.8b and 1.9.  When I try to run make, I get:
(snip)

http://weather.is.kochi-u.ac.jp/