[EMAIL PROTECTED] said the following on 2/16/2005 8:26 AM:

Hi, I'm still having trouble with installing Mailman. The original
error is as follows:

Mailman CGI error!!!
The Mailman CGI wrapper encountered a fatal error. This entry is being
stored in your syslog:

Failure to lookup via getgrgid() the group info for group id -1 that
this Mailman CGI wrapper is executing under.
This is probably due to an incorrectly configured system and is not a
Mailman problem

I listed some responses to questions people on the list asked. I think
there's a system configuration problem, but I'm not sure if it's with
my users or groups or apache config etc. I'd really appreciate the
help. I'm also willing to perform a brute force solution.

Thanks,
jim

My bet is you don't have a group ID set in /etc/groups.

Try running check_perms -f and see if it's able to fix things. If not, it should yell about what group ID it needs..

Best,
--Glenn

--
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759