Dave Dewey wrote:

For what it's worth, I have received the exact same
spanish-language-porno-confirmation email.  However, it was some months
after my initial subscription; doesn't mean it was or wasn't tied to my
being a member of this list, but at least there are two of us that have
received it.

Thanks for the input. Yes, but how soon after your very first post to the list was it? Obviously they wait for new subscribers to post for the first time since there is no way to directly get the email address of new subscribers since the member list is private (or so I would think it is).

There is no doubt that this factoria list is linked somehow to actions I took with regard to this list. Like I said, I subscribe anew two times, two weeks apart with completely different email addresses including domains and ip adresses and soon after my very first post EACH time, I got a confirm email from them and it was clearly from the mailman program. That combined with the fact that I have never subscribed to a mailing list before nor have I ever installed mailman leaves no doubt in mind.

It should be an easy thing to duplicate.

-s