Matthew A. Marshall wrote:

>This is what I see.  We have a mail router which accepts incoming email
>for [EMAIL PROTECTED]  This includes mailing lists.  The
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] gets forwarded to
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]   I see the message come in and
>get sent to mailman.  Nothing after that.  If I send the confirmation to
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] instead of
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] I see the message come in, get sent to mailman
>and then the welcome message sent back out.  This makes absolutly no
>sense as to why it works one way, but not the other.

It makes no sense to me either, but it seems that somehow the process
of forwarding from [EMAIL PROTECTED] to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] is changing something in the
message other than just adding another Received: header. Does it
rewrite the envelope sender? I don't even know if this would matter -
just grasping at straws - but something must be going on in that
process.

--
Mark Sapiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       The highway is for gamblers,