Dov Oxenberg wrote:

                                         I have not been able to get
anywhere since Wednesday night and am now considering uninstalling
Postfix and then reinstalling.

This sounds like a configuration problem. Uninstalling and then re-installing the software isn't going to help you fix a configuration problem. You need to actually fix the configuration problem, in order to fix the configuration problem.

Hopefully, you've got an automatic backup system that keeps copies of all your configuration files in SCCS, RCS, CVS, Subversion, Bazar, or some other sort of versioning system, so that you can just pull out the latest configuration files you know are correct and then restore those.

If not, you may have quite a bit of work ahead of you, but uninstalling and reinstalling the software is not likely to help.

                                I realize this is a Postfix issue, but I
wanted to ask what are the consequences of uninstalling Postfix, then
reinstalling as it relates to Mailman - do I need to do anything with my
existing Mailman installation, will I need to reinstall, etc.

As far as Mailman is concerned, I don't think there's any impact. Not unless you used a package installation mechanism that would remove everything that depends on postfix (including Mailman), when you go to remove postfix. If that were to happen, you'd be seriously screwed.

--
Brad Knowles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>