On 18 Jun 2008, at 22:46, Mark Sapiro wrote:

[...]
I have never before seen a report like this. Since it occurs for a new
list, there is apparently something wrong with the Mailman
installation itself. If it were a problem with the Ubuntu package, I
think it would have been seen elsewhere, so I think it's likely
specific to your installation, but I have no idea what might cause it.

I installed same version of Mailman locally (OS X) and generated the archive there, from the same mbox, and here it shows up fine.

So definitely there is something on the server causing the problem. I tried reverting mm_cfg.py to the default version, but that did not fix anything.

Looks like I’ll have to go through the pipermail source to solve this…