[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
--On Wednesday, July 16, 2008 9:49 AM -0700 Brad Knowles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The CLI interface is not going to auto-generate that e-mail message,  so
by default it is not going to auto-generate that password either.

When I add a new list via the CLI, I must enter a password and it is sent in the email to the list admin:

    The mailing list `cgilist' has just been created for you.
    The following is some basic information about your
    mailing list.

    Your mailing list password is:

         XXXXXXXXX

But, you can supress this notice with -q/--quiet.

The new list owner can change the password via the web page if that is easier for them. It would be easier for me to not have to ask for a password from the list admin for every list I create.

So make up your own random password. See <http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2008-July/062639.html>.

--
Mark Sapiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        The highway is for gamblers,