On 8/12/08, Mark Sapiro wrote:

 I think he was suggesting that Mailman could somehow put something like
 a rot13 encoded version of the recipient's address into a personalized
 list footer to sneak it past AOL's eliding of "screen names".

In the ARF reports, I don't think you're going to see copies of the footers. Not even copies of the message. Just the headers, of which all the useful information will be deleted by AOL.

Moreover, even if you did get copies of the footers (as you have in the past, with the non-ARF reports), the people at AOL are smart enough to see that there is non-anonymized information in the footers and to fix that with the next update of the software.

So, either way, we're screwed. AOL is determined to delete any and all data that would actually be useful to us in our jobs, and they are determined to file all these reports automatically.

So do what I do -- file them automatically, in a folder that you never go look in.

--
Brad Knowles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>