faisal anif wrote:

>I need to add my email address as a server owner to administrate and moderate
>the lists to make sure no illegal actions are taken..

You don't need to add your address as owner or moderator in order to
administer a list. You only need to add your address to 'owner' if you
want to receive notices sent by mailman and others to the owner.

>is there a SSH command line that I can use to add my email as moderator or
>administrator instead of logging into the web interface of each list and
>adding it manually?

Presumably you already have set a Mailman site password since how else
would you log in to the web interface of each list? So I guess you
really do want to add your address as an owner of each list

>if SSH is applicable I can make a script to do it automatically..

See
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2005-December/047993.html>
for a way to add an owner to a list via the command line. To do it for
all lists, you could use a script like

#! /bin/sh
cd /mailman/installation/directory
for list in `bin/list_lists --bare` ; do
bin/config_list -i /path/to/file $list
done

Where /path/to/file is the path to the input prepared according to the
above referenced post.

As Brad notes, you can also do this with a withlist script and use
withlist's --all option to process all lists, but the withlist script
you'd need would be a bit more complex than the input file to
config_list which could be as simple as the single line

mlist.owner.append('[EMAIL PROTECTED]')

--
Mark Sapiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        The highway is for gamblers,