Hi,

Sorry if what I'm asking for is already possible, but I couldn't find it in the archives.

There's a setting that messages sent to a mailing-list by non-members are auto-discarded. In addition, these auto-discarded messages can still be sent to the mailing-list administrator.

However, the message is only preceded by a simple

"The attached message has been automatically discarded."

line. It took me quite some time to figure out which application/system did the discarding (is it my anti-virus software on my PC, anti-spam software on my ISP's mail server, or ...?).

Can the line that precedes the message be changed to something like

"The attached message has been automatically discarded by the mailman instance that manages the mailing list <mailing list name>. The reason it is auto-discarded is: 'Post by non-member to a members-only list'"

(much more like the message when a post is being held for moderation).

Maybe a nice-to-have would be the ability for a list administrator to edit such lines him/herself.

Cheers,

Roger