Mark Sapiro wrote:
Darren G Pifer wrote:

I have attached the files you requested, as sent to me by the list administrator.

It appears to me what is happening is the list server is sending the email with 3 attachments but displays as 4 parts: there is the message header, the text version of the email, then an HTML version of the email, followed by the message footer. I see like a line separator between each part. (I use the Thunderbird mail client). This does not seem like normal behavior. If anything, there should
be a minimum of 3 parts, not 4.

Let me know if there is any else you need from me.

The actual attachments didn't get to the list, but they are as Darren
describes.

It appears that the original message to the list is
multipart/alternative with test/plain and text/html alternative parts.
The three message parts in addition to the headers are the text/plain
part, the text/html part and the msg_footer.

Something is wrong with what is happening to this message. Normally, if
a message with structure

multipart/alternative
    text/plain
    text/html

is sent to a list and content filtering doesn't remove eather
alternative or collapse alternatives, the msg_footer will be added as
a separate part and the final message will look like

multipart/mixed
    multipart/alternative
        text/plain
        text/html
    text/plain

I.e. it will be converted to a multipart mixed message with two parts -
part 1 being the original message parts and part 2 being the footer.
In your case, it appears that the final message structure is

multipart/mixed
    text/plain
    text/html
    text/plain

instead.

What Mailman version is this?

2.1.9

What are the list's content filtering settings?
Should Mailman filter the content of list traffic according to the settings below? No Remove message attachments that don't have a matching content type. Leave this field blank to skip this filter test.

multipart/mixed
multipart/alternative
text/plain

Should Mailman collapse multipart/alternative to its first part content? Yes

Should Mailman convert text/html parts to plain text? This conversion happens after MIME attachments have been stripped. Yes

Action to take when a message matches the content filtering rules. Discard

The Content Filtering settings are the same across all 3 lists the admin owns but only this one is it working
incorrectly.
What is the raw message with all headers?
   In Tbird, select the message and then File->Save As->File or just
ctrl-S, and give it a name with a .txt extension. Then you can attach
that .txt file to a list post.

I see that my attachments did not come across so I have attached the raw message
removing only some private information.  The owner forwarded to me a copy of
the email sent to the list.

Regards, Darren
ODU