Had something strange occur early Saturday morning. A non-subscriber managed to successfully post to two member only lists (and, of course, it was spam).

The bogus sender (thelevisstoreonl...@levis.rsys1.com) is not a member of these member only lists and is not in the accept_these_nonmembers filter. Other non-member posts are being caught and sent to moderation. Is there something else that I should be looking at?

I checked the logs and the sender sent to 5 of our hosted lists. They were caught (per the vette log) by 3 of those lists as a non-member, but posted successfully to the other 2 lists (per smtp and post logs).

I've checked the docs and faqs and haven't found a reference for something like this. I've checked all the logs and the configs (via the web interface) on the two lists that posted allowed the post. I can't find any reason for it and have to wonder if I'm checking everything. I've looked thru everything that makes sense and much that doesn't. If I had hair I'd be pulling it out!
--
Steve Lindemann                         __
Network Administrator                  //\\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign