Mark Sapiro wrote:
Steve Lindemann wrote:
Lindsay Haisley wrote:
Is it possible that the list mod or admin password got out?  I believe
than anyone can post to a moderated list by putting an "Approved:
<password>" header or pseudo-header in a post.

I'm on one of the lists that accepted the message (which is how it came to my attention) and I just rechecked the message header and didn't see anything resembling that... would mailman remove it from the header for final delivery to the list members? Regardless, I'll see to getting passwords changed, thanks.

Yes, any Approve: or Approved: header will be removed from the post
whether or not the password is valid.

duh... I should have known, that only makes sense. Sounds like the Approve: or Approved header is a likely candidate. Getting those passwords fixed now. Thanks.
--
Steve Lindemann                         __
Network Administrator                  //\\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign