on 4/3/09 8:50 AM, Charles Gregory said:

I use postfix, so the performance of yahoo delivery doesn't really impact other mail, other than the impact of the extra load of retries...

If you're using postfix, then that makes things even simpler -- by creating a separate queue for only mail to yahoo.com, you can have different queue retry rules. For example, you could retry them less frequently, and hold them for shorter periods of time, or whatever it is that the guys at yahoo want you to do.

There's lots of reasons to set up separate queues for large partner domains.

--
Brad Knowles
<b...@shub-internet.org>        If you like Jazz/R&B guitar, check out