Hi Mark,

re multiple installs,

On Mon, 5 Oct 2009, Mark Sapiro wrote:

The post at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2004-June/037443.html>
(linked from the FAQ at
<http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4030604>) has good
information. I don't thing there's anything better collected in one
place.

I'm now working through this and have hit a bit of a problem. The post in question reads as follows:

Where thing may get more complicated is setting up your local MTA to
support virtual hosts. For instance, aliases generated by the per-host
copies of $per-host-prefix/bin/newlist will generate alias definitions
that pipe to the correct per-host instance of the Mailman delivery
agent script but getting your MTA to recognise the aliases belong to
one host rather than another is not something I am familiar with.

This would appear to be the sticking point. The aliases file doesn't generate fully-qualified Email addresses, only local parts. How do I ensure that a message to annou...@foo.com doesn't go to annou...@bar.org? This must be doable, because if it's not, then this defeats the whole point of doing this in the first place.

Presumably I need to do this in postfix/main.cf somehow but I'm at a loss as to how to do this.

Geoff.