On Wed, 7 Oct 2009, Mark Sapiro wrote:

Geoff Shang wrote:

On Wed, 7 Oct 2009, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:

  =====> /etc/mail/aliases/$domain-aliases
  mailman-lists.$domain           \
      "|/home/mailman/lists.$domain/mail/$domain-mailman post mailman"
  mailman-admin-lists.$domain:    \
      "|/home/mailman/lists.$domain/mail/$domain-mailman admin mailman"

Ok but how do you get Mailman to produce alias tables that look like that?
Or don't you?  Mine only  have the list address part, not the fully
qualified list address.
{snip}
There is still a problem in that there is a potential list name
conflict, so to resolve that, you need to make a patch (see attached

ah...

I will review your patch, and I used list-domain.tld instead of list.domain.tld, but I basically came to the same conclusion and just implemented same. I got the idea from http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2008-September/063254.html

This really needs to be documented somewhere.

does using a dash vs a dot as a separater make any difference re eventual upgrade path? I'm still testing at this point but I'll be making a lot of lists soon, so now's the time to change anything.

Thanks again,
Geoff.