Mark-san,

Thank you very much for your respose.

There are no retries per se. The list has a setting
digest_size_threshhold (on its Digest options page). When a post
arrives that makes the digest.mbox bigger than digest_size_threshhold,
a digest is triggered immediately. In this case, the digest.mbox is
bigger than digest_size_threshhold and the digest is never
successfully produced so every post to the list tries to send a digest
and causes the exception to be triggered again. Thus, all the other
logged exceptions are the result of a post to the list triggering the
digest process.

If there were no posts to the list, the process would only run once a
day.

So, it doesn't matter if the senddigest fais or not, there are no retries. And,
senddigest via cron runs only once a day at noon. However, whenever
messages posted to the list, send_digest() will called based on the size of
digest_size_threshhold, and try to send digest mails. But in my customer's
case, every time message comes to the list, digest process(send_digest())
fails due to the bad message in the digest.mbox. This is the cause of the
error message in /var/log/mailman/error repeatly appear. Is my understanding
right?

Thanks!

Mark Sapiro wrote:
Masaharu Kawada wrote:
I am sorry that I would like to know one more thing about
digestable in advance.

---
xxx xx xx:xx:xx 2010 (2129) send_digests() failed: EUC-JP decoding error:
invalid character ......
xxx xx xx:xx:xx 2010 (2129) send_digests() failed: EUC-JP decoding error:
invalid character ......
xxx xx xx:xx:xx 2010 (2129) send_digests() failed: EUC-JP decoding error:
invalid character ......
---
Yes, I think this is the problem. Somewhere in the
lists/LISTNAME/digest.mbox file there is a bad message that causes
this error.
It seems that the operation of the "send_digests()" starts via corn
at noon(12:00) every day. However, re-creation attachment files
problem happens even other time(not only at noon but also other time),
so the "send_digests()" operation seems to be done sometime
except at the specified time of cron. If my understanding is right,
the "send_digests()" operation repeats(retries) sevral times after
the fail of its first action. On this matter, what I would like to know
is that what the interval of the retry, and how many time does it
repeat.

cron/senddigests runs every day at noon and is responsible for the
exception that happens at noon or just thereafter.

--
Masaharu Kawada