On 11/27/2010 6:53 AM, Gustavo Delfino wrote:
> IT WORKED!
>
> Nov 27 10:14:56 admin postfix/local[21850]: 8879A2FA801F:
> to=<testli...@admin.gdsolutions.com.ve>, relay=local, delay=0.25,
> delays=0.01/0.09/0/0.15, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered to command:
> /usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post testlist5)
>
> You said that this "really shouldn't make any difference", but it did. Is
> there any other test you want me to try in order to figure out why this works?

I'm not a Postfix expert, but I can guess what is happening. I'm
guessing that when Postfix sees the address testlist5, it assumes that
this is testli...@$myorigin (see
<http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#myorigin>), but in your case,
$myorigin is not a local domain so it doesn't work.

You could try changing the mm_cfg.py entry to

VIRTUAL_MAILMAN_LOCAL_DOMAIN = 'localhost'

and then rerunning /usr/local/mailman/bin/genaliases

I now think that will work too and is more generic and thus is more
likely to survive future changes to your Postfix configuration.