On 12/06/2010 02:59 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
Robert Moskowitz wrote:
I copied the content of /etc/http/conf.d/mailman.conf into the
<VirtualHost *:80>  </VirtualHost>  block in
/etc/http/conf.d/1004-mailman.conf and renamed mailman.conf.  All my
other virtual host URLs are working.  Not this one.  And I had THIS
working with no trouble on my pervious build attempt.  I **THINK** I
created the .conf right, and I don't THINK I did anything else to get it
working!  ARGH!!!

No error messages.  It just waits a while, and then goes to the site's
main URL instead of the virtual host.

What exact Mailman related directives do you have in this VirtualHost
block?

Are there any other VirtualHost blocks in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf or
/etc/httpd/conf.d/*.conf that might conflict with this one?

I renamed mailman.conf to mailman.conf.rpm The line in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf that loads the virtual hosts is:

Include conf.d/*.conf

There is no 'mailman' string in any of the conf files but the one below, /etc/httpd/conf.d/1004-mailman.conf

Note also that you indicate the path as /etc/http/conf.d/ which may be
a typo in your email or may be correct, but the usual path is
/etc/httpd/conf.d/.

Yes a typo.  And here it is.

<VirtualHost *:80>

   ServerName mailman

#
#  httpd configuration settings for use with mailman.
#

ScriptAlias mailman.htt-consult.com/mailman/ /usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/

<Directory /usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/>
    AllowOverride None
    Options ExecCGI
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

Alias mailman.htt-consult.com/pipermail/ /var/lib/mailman/archives/public/
<Directory /var/lib/mailman/archives/public>
    Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    AddDefaultCharset Off
</Directory>

# Uncomment the following line, replacing www.example.com with your server's
# name, to redirect queries to /mailman to the listinfo page (recommended).

   ErrorLog  /var/hda/web-apps/mailman/logs/error_log
CustomLog /var/hda/web-apps/mailman/logs/access_log combined env=!dontlog

</VirtualHost>