Barry --

My situation is different, and I do need a solution to setting a global
password that I know so I can have my webpage add & remove subscribers on their
behalf.  It's just the way we work.  I'm actually trying quite hard to hide
much of the guts of Mailman, my users aren't really interested in knowing five
passwords for the five different lists they are on and unsubbing from each.

Off to the list archives....

-- Drew Tenenholz