Unlike Francesco's problem, my site list does exist (it was given as part of the pre-installed Mailman on my Linux VPS from Network Solutions), and after some trouble I've gotten it to put its configuration pages at the right URL (lists.mydomain), to list me as the owner (instead of nore...@networksolutions.com), and to let me in with a password of my own devising.

But mail doesn't get delivered to it. Mail to mailman@mydomain lands in my catchall mailbox, where all the spam for unknown users goes.

This doesn't happen to my regular mailing lists, which I created on this server using Plesk (which came preinstalled). (These lists existed on my previous server but were managed by different mailing list software.) Only after setting up my regular lists did I find there was supposed to be a "site list" called mailman@mydomain.

I realize this may conceivably be a Postfix issue, or even a Plesk issue, but I thought someone here might be able to guess the answer. My own guess, as far as it goes, is that the problem has something to do with this server being set up to host multiple virtual domains, and with the site list having been created by Network Solutions before I installed my own virtual domain.

I've thought of deleting the existing site list and recreating it through Plesk, since I know that lists created through Plesk work. I'm reluctant to try this since it would create an interval when the site list doesn't exist at all, and I've read that Mailman refuses to operate at all under those conditions. Anyway I would rather know how to find whatever is misconfigured about the present site list.

My VPS is running GNU/Linux kernel 2.6.18-028stab101.1 on some kind of x86_64 (data reported by uname). From the generic hardware name and the fact that they call it a VPS I suppose this is a virtual machine running on some more powerful kind of hardware.

Thanks,

--
Larry Kuenning
la...@qhpress.org