I have a mailman install under cPanel, and I need to move my lists from
listn...@bigdata.org to listn...@lists.bigdata.org. I've read quite a few
webpages about how to move lists and rename lists, and I've done a lot of
testing. I feel like I'm very close to getting this to work. The only problem
that remains is scrubbed attachments.

I've followed the directions at
http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4030617, and while it says
that "links to scrubbed attachments [that] point to the oldlist" can be fixed
with "bin/arch --wipe newlist", this doesn't work for me. the command completes
without error, but when I look at an archived message, the I still see "URL:
<http://mail.bigdata.org/mailman/private/listname_bigdata.org/attachments/20130513/5d587194/attachment.obj>

I have two questions.

1. For the situation I described, are the instructions on that FAQ (moving the
files) the ones I should be following?

2. Should the arch --wipe command really be fixing the links to the scrubbed
attachments? I also tried renaming the list  from list1 to list2 without
changing the domain, and that didn't help. It seems like it should be easy
enough change them manually, but I'd rather use whatever mechanism Mailman
provides.

Thanks.

--

Matthew Needham