An update...

On May 16, 2013, at 14:48 PM, Matthew Needham <mneed...@hdfgroup.org> wrote:

> I have a mailman install under cPanel, and I need to move my lists from
> listn...@bigdata.org to listn...@lists.bigdata.org. I've read quite a few
> webpages about how to move lists and rename lists, and I've done a lot of
> testing. I feel like I'm very close to getting this to work. The only problem
> that remains is scrubbed attachments.
>
> I've followed the directions at
> http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4030617, and while it says
> that "links to scrubbed attachments [that] point to the oldlist" can be fixed
> with "bin/arch --wipe newlist", this doesn't work for me. the command
> completes without error, but when I look at an archived message, the I still
> see "URL:
> <http://mail.bigdata.org/mailman/private/listname_bigdata.org/attachments/20130513/5d587194/attachment.obj>
>

> I have two questions.
>
> 1. For the situation I described, are the instructions on that FAQ (moving
> the files) the ones I should be following?
>
> 2. Should the arch --wipe command really be fixing the links to the scrubbed
> attachments? I also tried renaming the list  from list1 to list2 without
> changing the domain, and that didn't help. It seems like it should be easy
> enough change them manually, but I'd rather use whatever mechanism Mailman
> provides.

The URL in the archives is updated for attachments that were received when
scrubbing is OFF. For attachments that were received when scrubbing is ON, the
URL is not rewritten and still points to the old list.

Incidentally, message headers report that this is Mailman 2.1.15.

Thanks.

--

Matthew Needham

The HDF Group