Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>Andrew Hodgson writes:

> > I run a high volume list (around 80 messages per day), and we have  >
> > complaints from digest users that the digests are difficult to work  >
> > with.  >One requested feature is could the digests be in HTML  > format,
> > and a link be presented in the table of contents to go to  > each message.
> > Can this >be done in Mailman by working with the  > digest templates?

>No, it cannot be done without coding.

>And it would not be easy.  HTML does not provide a "mail message"
>element, so although it would be trivial to create the table of contents,
>there is no good way to indicate what is at the other end of those links.

One of the examples I saw from another setup was to use in page links for each
message in the TOC, so the links in the TOC just put the focus onto the next
message.  I realise there are still a lot of issues with that; my preferred
option is to use MIME digests, but most users don't like them.

Thanks.
Andrew.