Quoting Adam McGreggor <adam-mail...@amyl.org.uk>:

On Thu, Apr 09, 2015 at 02:31:50AM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
 > The Justice Department has already said that the web is a place of
 > public accommodation, and the ADA applies.  It is only a matter of
 > time before they issue specific regulations.  So, in the near
 > future, anyone producing publicly facing web sites will need to do
 > this!

No, they won't -- they can always shut down.  And I suspect that's
exactly what will happen to most volunteer sites if they try to apply
the ADA standards to them.  I can't be happy about that.  I live in
Japan, and I assure you that public policies that equalize benefits by
reducing the average suck -- especially for the less-well-off.

Apropos to that, the US DoJ doesn't really have much effect in
jurisdictions outside of the US. I do wish we wouldn't be so
parochial.

Really, you accessibility advocates should be looking for
opportunities to organize this kind of effort.

+1

A few real lists are running with Mailman 3 + Postorius +
HyperKitty already,

are those apps ADA-compliant?

Dave

 and I'm pretty sure there are a couple of demo
sites.

At least one has been posted to one of the lists; possibly
-developers.

--
"Get me a beer. I don't care what kind it is, just get me a beer!"
    -- Duke of Edinburgh, on being offered the finest Italian wines by

"As long as politics is the shadow cast on society by big business,
the attenuation of the shadow will not change the substance."

-- John Dewey