Yes it fixed it. thank you Mark.

- Fabe S.

On 2015-10-06 15:09, Mark Sapiro wrote:
On 10/06/2015 11:24 AM, fsanti...@garbage-juice.com wrote:

First of all, whatever MUA you're using included the Sender:
Mailman-Users
<mailman-users-bounces+fsantiago=garbage-juice....@python.org> address
in your reply-all which resulted in your being scored with a bounce for
today. Be careful to which addresses you're replying.

Mark,

thanks for your reply. But i believe you misunderstood; all files have
been taken from the source distribution (or were put in their current
locations during 'make install'). I have used no packages in this endeavor.

I double checked and ran diff; <source>/misc/mailman and
/etc/rc.d/init.d/mailman are an exact match. they should be as i put it
there today myself.

And that file contains

# pidfile: @prefix@/data/master-qrunner.pid

PYTHON=@PYTHON@
MAILMANHOME=@prefix@
MAILMANCTL=$MAILMANHOME/bin/mailmanctl

This would seem to be a bug. I.e misc/mailman.in should contain

# pidfile: @VAR_PREFIX@/data/master-qrunner.pid

if in fact this is what systemctl is using.

Try changing

# pidfile: /usr/lib/mailman/data/master-qrunner.pid

# pidfile: /var/lib/mailman/data/master-qrunner.pid

in /etc/rc.d/init.d/mailman and report if that fixes it.