On Fri, 8 Jul 2016, Mark Sapiro wrote:
On 7/7/16 3:33 PM, Richard Johnson wrote:

Is there any way to setup a web page which would automatically update to show the most recent messages in the archive?

It depends on whether the list's archives are public or not. [...] For private archives, you would need an authentication scheme which would presumably need to talk to Mailman.

I have been participating in discussion lists both with public and private archives (as well as in usenet newsgroups :-)) and managing some of them locally or remotely *using the mailman native archiving* and I do not see any difference or difficulties between the two.

Usually the archive (all those which I have seen are by month, and can be sorted by thread, date or author) is updated as soon as I receive a copy of a post.

It is true that in case of private archives the users will have to autenticate on the mailman site. I.e. they have to be mailing list members.

So your problem is that some former users do not want to receive a mail but JUST access the archives ? They could be members of the mailing list set to "NO MAIL", couldn't they ?

(I have a small, 25 or so members list, where 22 are full (voting) members, and 3 are observers (former members). All receive normal messages, but when I issue a call-for-votes I set the 3 observers to NO MAIL, send the message, then reset them to normal mail reception. This simply prevents the observers to send me back votes which will not be counted anyhow.)