On Fri, 2 Sep 2016, Matt Morgan wrote:

The eventual publication looks a lot like a mailman digest, and that's what I'm switching it to.

I see that over the weekend there was some discussion about digests, not only in this thread !

I understand that mailman can do digests as a series of MIME attachments to the TOC email, one for each posting. I don't think that's going to work for this crowd, although I'm not sure.

Personally I do use MIME digests (not plain text ones) for almost all the lists I'm subscribed to (actually ALL which allow it). But then my MUA (Alpine) with some customization (including a formail-based shell script) can turn the MIME digests into a temporary mail folder, where I can access each posting as a normal e-mail. And even if I would not have my scripts, I could still natively view the attachment index and access the RFC822 attachment one by one as a normal e-mail.