On 9/3/2017 3:11 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

I believe it is intentional that you do not get notified for post held
for 'emergency moderation'. My understanding of the purpose of
'emergency moderation' is for a short term emergency when a lot of 'bad'
posts (like spam) are getting to the list. It is intended to be a short
term patch till you can figure out a better method, then you will turn
off the emergency moderation. In this case you will likely get flooded
with moderation messages for posts held for the emergency moderation,
and you are likely going to be able to check the web interface
frequently while you are working on it.

I see. That makes sense for the typical high-volume "emergency" such as a spam attack or flame war.

In my case the "emergency" on this very low-volume list was that one cousin had requested other cousins' personal data to help arrange an aunt's bequests, and the list's reply_goes_to_list setting was creating a risk of the requested private info being accidentally sent to too many recipients. I could have turned off reply_goes_to_list but most subscribers were used to the old setting.

Thanks, I guess my technical questions have been answered (apart from the probably unanswerable matter of how to get Plesk to accept a recent version of mailman).

--
Larry Kuenning
la...@qhpress.org