On 7/27/20 7:13 PM, Brian Carpenter wrote:

> This is the client that I asking about in my post. She said what I did, did
> not work. This is what I did:
>
> 1. Get into a venv as user mailman
>
> 2. #mailman shell
> ctrl-d (just to be on the safe side)
>
> Did I not follow your instructions correctly?

That should work. I don't know why the result would be any different
from what Johanna did.

On 7/27/20 8:58 PM, Johanna Amann wrote:
> As a small followup for anyone encountering the same problem in the
> future - I ended up just changing the value in the database directly.
>
> So - an “update mailinglist set emergency = FALSE;” (or the equivalent
> in the dialect of the database one uses) removes the emergency flag from
> all mailing lists.

That is another approach which is valid, but why the `mailman shell`
method I suggested wouldn't do the same thing, I don't know. Of course,
if you're doing multiple lists, this method is easier because just one
simple query does them all.