I have a strange, occasionally occurring phenomenon on one of my mailing lists (in Mailman 2.29) which I don't understand:

1. A subscribed address to the list tries to post a message to
   the list.

2. The attempted posting does not go through to the list, nor
   does it go to the moderation queue. Instead, I the list admin
   receives a message via the bounces-address with a copy of the
   attempted posting.

3. The bounce message looks like/similar to the bounce message
   that is generated when a bounce happens at one single
   individual subscriber's e-mail address. But in that case the
   list archive as well as other subscribers (including me)
   will get a copy of the posting. And that is not the case here.
   No copy to me, nothing in the archive.

So the only trace I can see of the posting is the weird bounce message containing a copy of the posting.

Why doesn't the attempted posting go to the moderator queue, if there is something about the subscriber or the message that prevents it from being distributed? (The list in question is unmoderated for subscribers.)

Below is a copy of one of the strange bounce postings.

Thomas Gramstad
tho...@gramstad.no

    ----

--- Begin Message ---
The attached message was received as a bounce, but either the bounce
format was not recognized, or no member addresses could be extracted
from it.  This mailing list has been configured to send all
unrecognized bounce messages to the list administrator(s).

For more information see:
https://mailman.kunnskapsallmenning.no/mailman/admin/biblioteknorge/bounce

--- Begin Message ---
Vil du jobbe med litteratur, miljøarbeid, arrangementer og informasjon til unge?

Vi søker bibliotekar eller andre med kompetanse innen ungdomsarbeid,
informasjon og formidling til unge ved LittFri.
Dette er en kultursatsing som har beliggenhet på Litteraturhuset i Fredrikstad
sentrum. LittFri er en ny avdeling i virksomhet Fritid i Fredrikstad, hvor
Fredrikstadbibliotekene er samarbeidspartner og har bibliotekstjeneste ved
dette tilbudet. Stillingen er plassert i Seksjon for kultur, miljø og
byutvikling, for tiden ved barne- og ungdomsavdelingen ved
Fredrikstadbibliotekene.

Les mer om stillingen her: https://www.fredrikstadbibliotek.no/?p=90079
Les mer om LittFri her: https://www.facebook.com/LittFri

Vennlig hilsen