We get this fairly often with moderated lists; it’s usually because the
sender’s mail client grabs the listname-bounces address from their recent
addresses cache when they start typing the address in the mail composition
dialog.

It would be rarer with unmoderated lists, but anything that would trigger a
moderation notice (for things like too many recipients, message too large, etc)
will stick that address in their recent addresses list.

this is the bounce notice we get when that happens:

"The attached message was received as a bounce, but either the bounce
format was not recognized, or no member addresses could be extracted
from it.  This mailing list has been configured to send all
unrecognized bounce messages to the list administrator(s)."

There wasn’t a copy of your bounce on this posting.

On Feb 26, 2021, at 10:21 AM, Thomas Gramstad