I have run a Mailman list for many years.
Recently I have begun to receive occasional large (~30) batches of messages
with the content:

> xxx has been removed from yyy
where xxx is the address of a subscriber and yyy is the name of my list.

In addition, the subject line, as seen in Apple Mail in the list of message, is
“A Matter of Taste”
That subject line does not appear in the message or the headers when I open it.

No other information is provided as to why the member has been unsubscribed,
but the fact that they arrive in batches suggests that it is not the subscriber
that is unsubscribing.

The total number of subscribers is, in fact, declining.

Could anyone explain what is happening, tell me how to stop it, or point me to
the relevant FAQ?

Thanks!

Andrew