On 3/2/21 5:14 PM, edi...@visionscience.com wrote:

> I have run a Mailman list for many years.
> Recently I have begun to receive occasional large (~30) batches of messages
> with the content:
>
>> xxx has been removed from yyy
> where xxx is the address of a subscriber and yyy is the name of my list.
>
> In addition, the subject line, as seen in Apple Mail in the list of message,
> is “A Matter of Taste”
> That subject line does not appear in the message or the headers when I open
> it.

What Mailman version is this? Recent versions have a second line in the
body that says what the source of the unsubscribe was.

Also, you say "That subject line does not appear in the message or the
headers when I open it." What is the Subject: header. If it was sent by
Mailman, the Subject: should be "yyy unsubscribe notification".

The "A Matter of Taste" in the Apple Mail message list is apparantly an
Apple Mail thing.

If I had to guess, I'd guess that these unsubscribes are from bounce
processing and the bounces are due to DMARC.

See the FAQ at <https://wiki.list.org/DEV/DMARC>. Hopefully your Mailman
version is new enough to support DMARC Mitigations. Also, you should
ensure that Bounce processing -> bounce_notify_owner_on_disable is set
to Yes so you are notified of disabled delivery before the user's are
removed.