On 3/12/21 1:39 PM, steve lund wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It appears to be starting again for our list. Fatal bounces but ONLY on
> ATT.net. Here is what Google says:

> <...@att.net>: host ff-ip4-mx-vip1.prodigy.net[144.160.159.21] said: 553
>     5.3.0 flpd599 DNSBL:RBL 521< 45.33.97.191 >_is_blocked.For assistance
>     forward this error to abuse_...@abuse-att.net (in reply to MAIL FROM
>     command)

It may be a coincidence, but I started seeing the same bounces on one of
my servers (thankfully not mail.python.org or lists.mailman3.org) about
two days ago.

ATT is blocking your IP.

In my case, I sent this to abuse_...@abuse-att.net.

> You are blocking all mail from IP 138.68.52.125 per this log message.
>
> Mar 12 09:59:32 grizz postfix/smtp[10965]: D0CAF1F8123:
> to=<...>,
> relay=ff-ip4-mx-vip2.prodigy.net[144.160.159.22]:25, delay=0.38,
> delays=0.1/0/0.27/0.01, dsn=5.3.0, status=bounced (host
> ff-ip4-mx-vip2.prodigy.net[144.160.159.22] said: 553 5.3.0 flph832
> DNSBL:RBL 521< 138.68.52.125 >_is_blocked.For assistance forward this
> error to abuse_...@abuse-att.net (in reply to MAIL FROM command))
>
> This mail is from an opt-in email discussion list or other business
> related mail from a bicycle club. We do not send spam or unsolicited
> commercial email. Please remove this block.

I received this reply.

> Thank you for contacting the AT&T Postmaster Staff.
>
> We investigate every block report and removal request we
> receive and take the appropriate action, of which you will
> be notified. It is never the intention of the AT&T
> Postmaster staff to block legitimate mail. It is a rare
> but unfortunate occurrence that legitimate correspondence
> is blocked as a result of careful yet vigorous anti-spam
> and abuse countermeasures. We would like to rectify your
> mail delivery issue as soon as possible with your help. By
> emailing this address you have already taken the first
> step in resolving this issue.
>
> When the AT&T Postmaster staff receives a request with the
> needed information requests are evaluated. If granted, the
> block will be removed within 24 to 48 hours. There are
> situations when mail interruptions or blocks are in place
> outside the AT&T domain. In these cases, we will attempt
> to make contact with the party initiating the block and
> seek a resolution. If there is no change after 48 hours
> please include the current and complete error message that
> you are receiving in your follow up email to
> <abuse_...@abuse-att.net>.
>
> For more information about email best practices and mail
> delivery issues visit:
>
> https://www.att.com/esupport/postmaster/
>
> We reserve the right to deny or turn down a request if our
> research shows the requested IP(s) being a violator of
> SPAM or abuse policies currently, or in the past.
>
> We at AT&T thank you for your assistance in reporting this
> matter and appreciate your patience while we investigate
> this issue.
>
> AT&T Postmaster Staff

As of 03:30 PST this morning the block had not been removed.