Right, mailman 2 does not automatically prune archives, and I have used the
prune script before, just curious if this was not a featureā€¦

But I am also just checking to see what the advantages/disadvantages there  are
for going to mailman 3 over 2.  Sure 2 is no longer being developed, BUT having
said that our 2 environment is solid, and I understand it. I am a mailman
admin, but not a full time Linux system admin, so Hyper kitty, Django,
Virtualenv  and all the other components of mailman 3 are not my forte. I have
been playing around with just trying to stand up a mailman 3 in an isolated VM
and not having much luck, and in searching around I am thinking mailman 3 is
defiantly more of a commitment to get it installed/working at this time.