On 3/23/21 8:45 AM, Bader, Robert (Bob) wrote:
> Right, mailman 2 does not automatically prune archives, and I have used the
> prune script before, just curious if this was not a featureā€¦

There is nothing currently planned or implemented, but a script to
remove archived messages for --list older than --date shouldn't be too
difficult to implement.

The tricky part is what to do about threads containing messages both
older and newer than the cutoff. My MM 2.1 prune_arch script ignores
this issue, but it makes sense to consider it for HyperKitty. Perhaps an
option to a) delete the entire thread, b) keep the entire thread or c)
delete the older messages from the thread would be in order, although
maybe the a) option isn't needed.

> But I am also just checking to see what the advantages/disadvantages there
> are for going to mailman 3 over 2.  ...

Answered in Steve's reply.