On 3/30/21 8:40 AM, Jayson Smith wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I know there was a thread on this a few weeks ago, but I deleted those
> messages.

This list has searchable archives at
<https://mail.python.org/archives/list/mailman-users@python.org/>. A
quick search for `att bounce` will find several posts in this (hijacked)
thread
<https://mail.python.org/archives/list/mailman-users@python.org/thread/KSJX24CRPZOXDHSAKXC5QLHZAZA3LQFD/>.

> My server has found itself, for no apparent reason, on AT&T's
> RBL. I've already written to abuse_...@abuse-att.net as suggested in the
> error message. I assume the upshot of the earlier thread was that all I
> can do is wait, possibly write again, and hope the AT&T RBL removal gods
> smile down upon me, is that right?

I had two servers blocked by ATT, fortunately not this one. They were
both DigitalOcean droplets, one hosts my bicycle club's lists and the
other is my personal mail server. I didn't discover my personal mail
server was blocked until I tried to notify the affected bicycle club people.

Anyway, I wrote to abuse_...@abuse-att.net separately about each block,
and each time I wrote, I got the immediate autoresponse. For my personal
server, after 62 hours I got a second message that they were removing
the block and they did.

For the bicycle club's server, I wrote a total of 4 times over about 11
days before they finally removed the block. I had also suggested to the
affected users that they could contact ATT. Out of 33 users, 2 changed
to gmail addresses and 2 reported to me that they had contacted ATT, but
from what I could understand from their reports, the ATT people they
spoke with couldn't do anything and likely didn't even understand the issue.

The bottom line is you have no leverage. It's frustrating, but write
every 48 hours and wait.