At Tue, 30 Mar 2021 10:41:47 -0700 Mark Sapiro <m...@msapiro.net> wrote:

> On 3/30/21 9:33 AM, Carl Zwanzig wrote:
> > On 3/30/2021 9:28 AM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> >> I had two servers blocked by ATT, fortunately not this one. They were
> >> both DigitalOcean droplets,[...]
> >
> > FWIW, a couple of my regular correspondents have said that DO generally
> > does not have a great email reputation, and that they're moving lists to
> > other platforms.
>
> That's probably correct, but are there other cloud VPS providers that
> are better at hosting MTAs?

Almost certainly.

> FWIW, mail.python.org which hosts hundreds of MM 2.1 and MM 3 lists
> including this one is a DO droplet. I do note that DO is currently
> listed at UCEPROTECT-Level3, but IMO, that's a racket. I.e. they list
> your hosts entire ASN ranges, but if your single IP is clean, they'll
> whitelist it for a price ranging from 25 CHF (about 26.50 USD) for 1
> month to 90 CHF (about 95.50 USD) for 2 years

*I* have seen a lot of "spam" coming from DO IPs.  Note this is "mostly" what
might be called "E-Mail Marketing" and might be considered legit by some
people, but I have been blocking /24 ranges of DO IPs.

--
Robert Heller             -- Cell: 413-658-7953 GV: 978-633-5364
hel...@deepsoft.com       -- Webhosting Services