I've been sort of casually looking for alternatives to Google Groups.
I subscribe to and/or help administer a number of groups there. There
are a large fraction of us who only ever use the email interface.
There are others who would leave (or get out their pitchforks) if the
web interface wasn't available. A couple of the groups are fairly
large, 3000-4000 subscribers, with archives dating back ten to twenty
years. Functionally, Google Groups is fine, but  well, it's Google,
with all that implies. Most of the time everything is okay, then they
make a change to the web interface and all hell breaks loose for a
couple weeks or months until Google gets around to fixing the
breakage.

I've been keeping an eye on Groups.io (subscribed to its group
managers list). It's not free, and would cost at least $2000/year for
the bigger lists. They have a donation interface to make it easier for
list admins to solicit donations to defray costs, but it's not clear
that always works as desired. The messages to the group managers list
seem to imply GIO has various other warts as well. (It does have a
clever #hashtag-in-subject feature for tagging related messages.)

So, I got to thinking... Are there any free web user (not admin)
interfaces which integrate with MM3? Something which when combined
with MM3 could conceivably be an alternative to Google Groups, (the
now defunct) Yahoo! Groups, or Groups.io? I poked around the archives
a bit and browsed list.org for a few minutes, but turned up nothing.
Or rather, all I found related to web interfaces was the admin
interface.

Thanks,

Skip Montanaro