On Aug 16, 2021, at 10:30 AM, Jim Dory
<ja...@dorydesign.com<mailto:ja...@dorydesign.com>> wrote:

I suspect this stems from something inside this local corporation, but I'll ask
the question:

I have a person contacting me to remove her work email from our subscription of
our local email list, but her email is not subscribed. Usually when this
happens, I have them forward a list message to me and I can discover which
email it is being sent to.

Usually the messages sent are from "name of subscriber
via"listn...@domain.com<mailto:listn...@domain.com>. (She gets the digest which
I don't so not sure that is different). But when she forwards me one of these
digest messages, it is from: "Listname
<listname-boun...@domain.com<mailto:listname-boun...@domain.com>> on behalf of
listname-requ...@domain.com<mailto:listname-requ...@domain.com>
<listname-requ...@domain.com<mailto:listname-requ...@domain.com>>"

And instead of the usual listn...@domain.com<mailto:listn...@domain.com>
unsubscribe,archives,info link at the bottom of the message, it has what is
probably an internal security link by the IT system of
https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?
 (with the actual link following - and redirects to our info page). This may
not help, but include it to show they have some kind of system within the
corporation.

When I’ve gotten these in the past it’s almost always because someone else’s
email, or an old email address is getting forwarded to the recipient. I don’t
think the 'on behalf of’ stuff is actually from an O365/Exchange system, but
whatever that linkprotect link is.

(which link, btw, my campus network won’t let me load because it’s flagged as a
malware source…so be careful)

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona