as expected:

    From: testing-boun...@lists.strugglers.net
    To: andy-ag...@strugglers.net

but the list's owner gets one from "chang...@example.com":

    From: chang...@example.com
    To: testing-ow...@lists.strugglers.net

    andy-aga...@strugglers.net has been removed from Testing.

I can't for the life of me work out where this is coming from:

$ sudo ack site_owner /etc/mailman3
/etc/mailman3/mailman.cfg
28:site_owner: postmas...@lists.strugglers.net
$ sudo ack changeme /etc/mailman3

(no output)

It's not in any of the sqlite DBs either (still on sqlite while
testing things out):

$ sudo sqlite3 /var/lib/mailman3/data/mailman.db .dump | grep -i changeme
$ sudo sqlite3 /var/lib/mailman3/web/mailman3web.db .dump | grep -i changeme

So where can this possibly be coming from?

I have not yet configured the MTA (Exim) for delivering to Mailman,
and I haven't done anything special about sending settings:

[mta]
# …
outgoing: mailman.mta.deliver.deliver
smtp_host: localhost
smtp_port: 25
configuration: python:mailman.config.exim4

Thanks,
Andy