On Sun, 2022-09-11 at 16:58 +0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> However, looking at the two files, I see references to:
>
> <form method="get" action="/cgi-bin/mailman/search">
>
> I suppose in my case this too has to be modified to reflect the
> correct path.
> With my MM2 installed in /usr/local/mailman2/ the above path then
> should become "/mailman/cgi-bin/search" ??
>
> When I do a search now, I end up with an error saying "The requested
> URL was not found on this server." and the resulting URL in the
> address bar is:
>
> https://lists.kictanet.or.ke/cgi-bin/search?query=odhiambo&submit=Search%21&idxname=KICTANet&max=20&result=normal&sort=score

Firstly, check your mm_cfg.py file. In my case it is:

DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'https://%s/mailman/'

Note that there is no "cgi-bin" in the above URL.

If that's the same for you, then yes you need to edit the new
archtoc.html and archtocnombox.html files accordingly.

There are 2 strings in each file that would need to be edited so they
look like:

1. <form method="get" action="/mailman/search">

2. <a href="/mailman/search?idxname=%(listname)s">[How to search]</a>

Then rebuild the archive again:

bin/arch --wipe <LISTNAME>

And it won't hurt to tell Namazu to re-index the archive(s):

ls /var/lib/namazu/mailman | xargs $HOME/bin/mailman_index