On 12/13/23 17:48, Jim Dory wrote:

My bad.. rather than Bad Request error (oiy, my memory), the actual error when enabling the RECAPTCHA strings is this:

    Bug in Mailman version <undetermined>

      We're sorry, we hit a bug!

Please inform the webmaster for this site of this problem. Printing of traceback and other system information has been explicitly inhibited, but the webmaster can find this information in the Mailman error logs or the web server logs.

So I looked in the mailman logs - I see several logs but the error one did not have any entry from today. Not sure where I would find a pertinent log such as the "web server logs" in the page error above.

The error and traceback should be in /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/logs/error. Is that where you're looking? If you can't find it there, there might be a permissions error.

All of the cgi wrappers in /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/cgi-bin should be SETGID and group mailman and all the files in /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/logs/ should be group writable and group mailman.

There may be cPanel specifics affecting this that I am unaware of, but see https://wiki.list.org/DOC/Mailman%20and%20CPanel

If all else fails you can edit /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/scripts/driver and set `STEALTH_MODE = 0`