On 8/8/24 21:41, Mark Sapiro wrote:
On 8/7/24 15:45, Jim Dory wrote:

Hello - started getting someone reporting to yahoo the subscription confirmation email as spam which can cause yahoo to block our list if enough reports come to it. So I've revisited this captcha thing again. I've input the keys into mm_cfg.py and added

<mm-recaptcha-ui>
<mm-captcha-ui>

to the lists/listname/listinfo.html.  When trying to subscribe, the very obnoxious squares appear asking to check whatever box contains whatever.. many are hard to see. But if I go ahead and check the boxes I get a green checkmark in the I'm not a robot square. I hit subscribe, and I get "reCAPTCHA validation failed: invalid-input-response "

The obnoxious squares are a Google reCaptcha thing. You won't always get them, but Mailman has no control over when you do.

If you get the green check in the I'm not a robot square, your selections were accepted, however Google didn't return success.

Are you using reCaptcha v3. If so, you need v2. Mailman's reCaptcha support
requires v2.

Also, V2 may not do the squares thing.

Thanks Mark. I was aware that we needed V2 so thought I used that. I'll have to double check.. could have easily been led astray.